World War II
- *LOY BLACK (b 1902 AR). (grandson of Lewis C. Black & son of Harvey N. Black) US Navy Career Medical Captured on Hospital Ship in Shanghai Harbor, on Dec. 7, 1941. Was a prisnoner of the Japanese in Shanghai, China for the duration of the war.
- *KENNETH C. BLACK (Grandson of Lewis C. Black & son of Harvey N. Black) US Army Captured in Phillipines On Bataan March was a prisoner on the Oryoku Maru enroute to Japan when sunk by American submarine. The Japanese ship was not marked as containing any POWs or other than military cargo. Date of sinking was December 13, 1944.
- *Estel EUGENE BLACK US NAVY 1942-45 WWII 1951-52 US Navy at sea (ggrandson of Lewis C. Black & grandson of Harvey N. Black)
- 2NOLAN HUGH BLACK b. Mar 19, 1926 d. May 8, 1988 Entered active duty Mar 2, 1944 separation May 17, 1946 Served in the U S Navy WWII Basic US Naval Training Station Farragut,Idaho Naval Training School University of Wisconsin Madison,Wisconsin U S Naval Unit Camp Detrick Fredrick, Maryland Sept 26, 1944 GPI Naval Unit Dugway Proving Grounds Tooele,Utah Naval Training and Distribution Center Shoemaker, California Feb 1945 Crossed the Equator on the U.S.S. General O. H. Ernst (AP-133) Mar 26, 1945 Arrived Phillipine Islands--Cavite---Subic Bay---May 1945 Separated from Norman, Okla--May 17, 1946
- *HARVEY LEWIS BLACK (b.1929) US Air Force (ggrandson of Lewis C. Black & grandson of Harvey N. Black)
People who submitted information
Please note that there si a very good chance the emails won't work. This info was submitted 1999